- Four-color illustrations, photographs. Timelines, and activities, enhance student experience.
- Series targeted directly to the grade children study the colonization of America (5th)
- At 128 pages, this book provides the most in-depth coverage of the subject matter for this age group. (Competing series by Child's World is for 3rd-5th graders and is 40 pages.)
- Each book adheres to national social studies standards.
Grades 5-8 National Social Studies Standards
Time, Continuity & Change: II
- Identify and use processes important to restructuring and reinterpreting the past
- Identify and use key concepts such as chronology, causality, change, conflict and complexity to explain, analyze and show connections among patterns of historical change and continuity.
Power, Authority, & Governance: VI
- Identifies basic features of the U.S. political system
- Describes how government powers are acquired, used, and justified
- Describes how governments respond to forces of unity and diversity